The client on-boarding project focussed on the implementation and adoption of an enhanced end-to-end process for client matter intake across the firm’s global footprint.
The project objectives were to:
- Reduce the risk exposure across the firm
- Streamline efficiencies and align to a consistent approach
- Enhance oversight across the global on-boarding process
As well as providing a structured approach to the project delivery, the CBO consultant took a pro-active and hands-on approach to helping the client’s project team design the new on-boarding process and management controls. This was an iterative process, workshopping solutions with key stakeholders to refine the process and ensure it was delivering both the efficiencies and protection being sought.
CBO’s consultant also worked with the client project team to outline the change management steps to take, which included:
- Preparing the business: understanding the target state and associated benefits, preparing the organisation for the scale and impact of the changes, and engaging with members of those teams to get their input and challenge, together with regular communications across the firm
- Leading the Way: articulating the case for change and building a visibly committed cadre of senior stakeholders who were both vocal in their support of the changes and early adopters of the new on-boarding process
- Equipping the individuals: building understanding across the business of what the changes meant to specific people, groups and teams and equipping them with the knowledge, tools and training required to adopt the new intake process – identifying the supporters who helped drive the change through
- Creating real ownership: involving impacted individuals to input into the process design and feedback and challenge during the pilot phases, acknowledging and highlighting examples of the right behaviours and communicating progress and success stories
Throughout the project, CBO’s clear status reporting and communication ensured all stakeholders understood and remained engaged throughout delivery. Alongside this, through a hands-on approach, the CBO consultant was able to effectively coordinate the team to allow a successful implementation to be achieved. The approach also encouraged stakeholders to identify, challenge and make recommendations for strategic intervention.
Combining a structured approach to delivery and best practice change management the CBO consultant and client team were able to roll-out the new process, via a series of pilot phases in different locations with selected departmental teams. The team then built on the positive feedback to phase the roll-out across all the locations and outstanding departments until it was being consistently applied everywhere as the business-as-usual process to client on-boarding over a 12-month period.
This was a change on an unprecedented scale for the client in terms of approach, cultural mindset, and adoption, where the service provided by CBO contributed towards a smooth transition into BAU and acceptance by stakeholders, enabling the realisation of the project objectives.