Technical Business Analyst at a growing management consultancy known for the high quality of its work
CBO Projects is a leading Channel Islands management consultancy. We are a trusted partner to our clients, known for our quality, reliability, value, and flexibility.
We mainly provide business analysis, project management, consultancy, change management and assurance services to clients in the financial, legal, insurance, utilities, and public sectors. We primarily work with organisations who operate out of Guernsey and Jersey. We do, however, work with companies based both in the UK and in other offshore jurisdictions.
In our first 11 years of delivering successful projects, we have repeatedly proven our expertise in delivering complex technological and digital change, including infrastructure upgrades, application implementations, and supporting organisations to move key services online.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will bring your expertise to bear in work of this nature, ensuring that our clients’ requirements and processes are effectively supported by their IT systems. Working alongside our other business analysts, skilled project managers, consultants and change managers, you will sit at the heart of a community of experts helping make significant technological changes succeed.
The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that technology-focussed projects are delivered in a manner that is truly informed by, and meets, our clients’ needs. This includes:
- Test management.
- Structured definition of requirements and development of system specifications.
- Facilitation of workshops and associated output.
- Documentation, optimisation and automation of business processes.
- Input into solution architecture.
- Service design and service blueprinting.
- Data models and data management.
- Involvement in software development lifecycles.
- Translation of technical requirements and language for a business audience.
In this role, you will also be expected to contribute CBO’s work to ensure that we continue to provide an excellent quality service to clients, and a top-tier working environment for our colleagues. This includes:
- Contributing to the maturing of our business analysis processes and standards, as an active member of our Business Analysis community of practice.
- Working with colleagues and clients to develop new projects and opportunities.
- Being an active participant in industry events – helping CBO be recognised as the ‘go to’ company for Business Analysis in the Channel Islands.
Requirements and Preferences
We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Mentally acute and fast learning, with strong analytical skills.
- Mature and capable of meticulous self-organisation.
- Self-motivating and confident: happy and capable of working autonomously, often with people holding senior positions.
- Excellent communicators with strong drafting and presentation skills.
- Able to identify client needs for support, and shape this into proposals for work.
- Effective team-workers, including within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Works professionally and with integrity and maintains a clear focus on quality of work delivered, including when working on multiple engagements in parallel.
In order to deliver project services to the high quality that our clients expect and require, we ensure that all of our business analysts are both formally qualified and experienced in the types of work they are delivering. While we align with the BCS’ methodology, we are interested in individuals with equivalent qualifications and practical experience.
To be successful in this role, it is desirable that you have at least 3 years of directly relevant business analysis experience. If you have materially more experience than this, we may be able to recruit you to into a Senior Technical Business Analyst role.
CBO offers a competitive salary – which is determined by the individual’s level of skills and experience. Salary estimates will be shared with short-listed candidates.
In addition to this, CBO provides:
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days holiday a year
- 5 days allowance for paid charity / community service per year
- A commitment to at least £1,500 of training per year
- Personalised development pathways for each employee – to ensure that every member of the company has the opportunity to excel and achieve their professional goals
We provide all our employees with the highest quality equipment and support, for use in our modern offices, when working on client site, and when working from home. Travel outside of the Channel Islands may be required but is usually infrequent.
We are open to applicants seeking full-time or part-time positions, so long as they are willing to contract to a minimum of 25 hours per week. We provide employees with a high level of autonomy and flexibility in the management of working time.
We are an employer that values diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
This is a permanent contract.