The Head of Assurance will be responsible for building and leading a high-quality service line for the Channel Islands’ trusted partner for project and change delivery.
CBO Projects is a leading Channel Islands management consultancy. We are a trusted partner to our clients, known for our quality, reliability, value, and flexibility.
In our first 11 years of delivering successful projects, we developed a series of assurance capabilities to meet client needs alongside the management and delivery of a wide range of complex compliance and regulatory projects.
As the Head of Assurance, you will marry your market expertise with our proven approach to developing and launching new services to develop and mature our existing Assurance Services and deliver new capabilities to the market. Working alongside CBO’s directors and our skilled consultants, you will establish the service line and build capability, capacity and experience within the CBO team.
The Head of Assurance is responsible for ensuring that the Assurance Services product is developed in a controlled and effective manner and meets the needs of the market. This includes:
- Maturing of our Assurance Services frameworks, processes and standards
- Developing new service offerings, capabilities and client engagements
- Business development and client relationship management for new and existing capabilities
- Building a qualified and experienced assurance team
- Establishing a thriving internal community of practice and external professional network
- Overseeing and quality assuring compliance and regulatory engagements
- Hands-on delivery to clients of regulatory and compliance assurance services
This is a senior role within CBO. As such, the successful candidate will contribute to leadership and management activities across the wider business.
Requirements and Preferences
CBO Projects provides project, business analysis, consultancy, change management and assurance services to clients in the financial, legal, insurance, utilities and public sectors. We are based in the Channel Islands and primarily work with organisations that also operate out of Guernsey and Jersey. We do, however, work with companies based both in the UK and in other offshore jurisdictions.
In order to deliver these services to the high quality that our clients expect and require, we ensure that all of our consultants and leaders are both formally qualified and experienced in the types of engagement they are running. While we align with leading industry bodies for our other service lines (for example, the Association of Project Management’s framework for project delivery), we are looking for the Head of Assurance lead to build and establish this professional accreditation and alignment within our assurance service.
To be successful in this role, you must have at least 10 years of directly relevant experience as well as a formal qualification as an assurance professional, for example, as a Professional or Fellow with the International Compliance Association (ICA) or equivalent.
We are seeking an individual who can evidence:
- Extensive experience in regulatory management and assessment roles
- Strong business acumen and ability to focus on value for the client
- Confidence and the ability to engage effectively with the most senior stakeholders, such as Company Boards and Risk Committees
- Experience working in complex regulatory contexts where different parties may have competing priorities
- A deep understanding of the Channel Islands regulatory landscape
- A desire to play a critical role in a growing firm
- Developed skills in networking, growing accounts and generating new business
- Dedication to mentoring and leading high performing teams
CBO offers a competitive salary and wider remuneration package aligned to the individual’s level of skills and experience. The remuneration model, including salary, will be shared with short-listed candidates.
In addition to this, CBO provides:
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- 5 days’ allowance for paid charity/community service per year
- A commitment to at least £1,500 of training per year
- Personalised development pathways for each employee – to ensure that every member of the company has the opportunity to excel and achieve their professional goals
We provide our employees with the highest quality equipment and support for use in our modern offices in St Peter Port (Guernsey), when working on client sites, and when working from home.
We are an employer that values diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
Our full-time contract is for 37.5 hours per week. We are keen to hear from part-time applicants who can contract to at least 30 hours per week. We provide employees with a high level of autonomy and flexibility in the management of working time. Travel outside of the Channel Islands may be required but is usually infrequent.
This is a permanent contract.