Case Study: eDiscovery Global Law Firm
CBO were instructed in a multi-jurisdiction eDisclosure case by a leading Global Offshore law firm.
The first stage of the process for CBO was to work across jurisdictions to identify potential sources of relevant information.
The identified data spanned a time period of of over 5 years and comprised of Outlook emails in both live and archived mailboxes. Data was to be collected from live servers and email archive solutions in a targeted, controlled and defensible manner.
The collected case evidence comprised of over 150,000 items, which was just over 12GB in terms of storage space. The case evidence was processed into the Nuix eDiscovery platform in preparation for filtering, analysis and review.
CBO were able to quickly deliver comfort to the client as a result of their project and case management expertise.
The approach was controlled and a detailed, defensible and auditable workflow was agreed with the multi-jurisdication stakeholders. CBO were able to quickly and effectively identify irrelevant data from the original case evidence by using filtering processes such as deduplicate, de-NIST, date filter and keyword lists. The number of items reduced from over 150,000 to just over 7,000 items.
CBO then worked with the key stakeholders to agree the legal export requirements before securely delivering the exported documents to the law firm in the U.S.
- Controlled and defensible approach to all eDiscovery stages
- Effective project and case management approach
- Rapid deployment of eDiscovery platform
- Effectively removing irrelevant data from case evidence through Nuix eDiscovery platform
- Quality and controlled management of the eDiscovery process
- Cost saving on review process from original case evidence
- Time saving on review process from original case evidence
- Accuracy of review process improved due to effective use of Nuix eDiscovery platform
- Constant progress reporting and communication to all stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions