Project Manager at a dynamic management consultancy known for the high quality of its work.
CBO Projects is a leading Channel Islands management consultancy, with a difference. We are a trusted partner to our clients, known for our quality, reliability, value and flexibility. But we also go the extra mile for our team, because a great team creates the exceptional work we are known for.
What do we do? We mainly provide project management, business analysis, consultancy, change management and assurance services to clients in the financial, legal, insurance, utilities and public sectors. We primarily work with organisations who operate out of Guernsey and Jersey, however we also work with companies based both in the UK and in other offshore jurisdictions.
In our first 12 years of delivering successful projects, we have built a track record of successfully delivering projects. We do this by ensuring that our project managers are trained to industry standards, and supported to apply them proportionality and effectively to deliver successful organisational, technological, and regulatory change.
As a Project Manager, you will bring your expertise to bear to lead a variety of projects. These could include:
- delivery of organisational changes, such as restructures;
- support of mergers and acquisitions;
- implementation of new technological applications and infrastructure;
- coordination of major procurements;
- compliance with regulatory requirements;
- investment in new assets.
Working alongside our skilled project managers, business analysts, consultants and change managers, you will sit at the heart of a community of experts helping make significant changes succeed.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered in a controlled and effective manner. This includes:
- Leading on their definition and establishment, so that a clear and deliverable project is formed.
- Managing all dimensions of their delivery, including plan, issues and risks and budget.
- Stakeholder management, including liaison with senior stakeholders, engagement with Programme Managers and those leading parallel projects, and leadership of multi-disciplinary project teams.
CBO provides a rounded package of training and support to enable Project Managers to do this successful. The size, complexity or level of risk associated with the projects they lead is always appropriate to their personal level of experience.
In this role, you will also be expected to contribute CBO’s work to ensure that we continue to provide an excellent quality service to clients, and a top-tier working environment for our colleagues. This includes:
- Contributing to the maturing of our project management processes and standards, as an active member of our Project Management community of practice.
- Working with colleagues and clients to develop new projects and opportunities.
- Being an active participant in industry events – helping CBO be recognised as the ‘go to’ company for projects in the Channel Islands.
Requirements and Preferences:
We are looking for people with three or more years of experience in managing projects.
It is also important to us that candidates have the underlying skills, dedication and general experience to flourish in the role. These include being:
- Mentally acute and fast-learning, with strong analytical skills.
- Mature and capable of meticulous self-organisation.
- Self-motivating and confident: happy and capable of working autonomously, often with people holding senior positions.
- Excellent communicators with strong drafting and presentation skills.
- Able to identify client needs for support, and shape this into proposals for work.
- Effective team-workers, including within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Works professionally and with integrity, and maintains a clear focus on quality of work delivered, including when working on multiple engagements in parallel.
In order to deliver project services to the high quality that our clients expect and require, we ensure that all of our Project Managers are both formally qualified, and experienced in the types of project they are running. While we align with the Association of Project Management’s framework, we recognise the value brought from other industry standards, such as the PMI’s and Axelos’. It is desirable that a Project Manager would have a formal project management qualification, equivalent to the APM’s PMQ.
What makes us different? CBO is more than just a job, because we want to get the best from our team. We care about your well-being and development and you also get the chance to give back to causes that mean something to you.
We offer a competitive salary – which is determined by the individual’s level of skills and experience. Salary estimates will be shared with short-listed candidates.In addition to this, CBO provides:
- 5% pension contribution;
- 25 days holiday a year;
- An extra 5 days allowance for paid charity / community service per year;
- A commitment to at least £1,500 of training per year;
- Personalised development pathways for each employee – to ensure that every member of the company has the opportunity to excel and achieve their professional goals.
We provide all of our employees with the highest quality equipment and support, for use in our modern offices, when working on client site, and when working from home. Travel outside of the Channel Islands may be required but is usually infrequent.
This is a permanent contract. We are open to applicants seeking full-time or part-time positions, so long as they are willing to contract to a minimum of 25 hours per week. To support a positive work-life balance, we also provide employees with a high level of autonomy and flexibility in the management of working time.
We are an employer that values inclusion and diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds.