Junior Consultant position, offering varied work in a dynamic, trusted company known for the development and support of its team.
CBO Projects is a leading Channel Islands management consultancy. We are a trusted partner to our clients, known for our quality, reliability, value and flexibility. We like working with people and building strong relationships with clients, we enjoy problem-solving and providing a great service, mixing professionalism with personality.
At CBO we also prioritise the wellbeing and development of our team. We provide support for your career and we invest into your training, because we want you to succeed. Our friendly team fosters a great working environment, where everyone is valued and can reach their full potential.
As a Junior Consultant, you will be supported to become a formally qualified management consultant with wide professional experience. To support this, over an initial two year period, you will have the opportunity to
- Gain a range of internationally recognized qualifications
- The APM’s Project Management Qualification
- The BCS’ Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
- The APMG’s Change Management Foundation
- Work on a range of real-world projects, gaining hands-on experience in the disciplines of:
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
CBO provides a rounded and structured package of professional support to help you thrive as a Junior Consultant. This includes Quality Assurance on all client work, and a personalised Development Pathway, which means you can build your career and focus on areas that you find rewarding and interesting.
Your time as a Junior Consultant is the first step in your career with us. As a growing and diverse company, many different career opportunities flow from this initial role.
As a Junior Consultant, you will undertake varied activities in projects we are delivering for our clients.
These will link to the following professional disciplines:
- Project Management: ensuring that changes are delivered in a controlled and effective manner.
- Business Analysis: understanding and articulating how an organisation should change, if it is to achieve its potential and deliver on its objectives.
- Change Management: ensuring that an organisation’s team understand a change, are able to adopt it, and will continue to use it after the project is over.
- Consultancy: working with an organisation to help it explore, understand, and plan how to overcome its biggest challenges.
- Assurance: assessing whether an organisation meets its regulatory requirements, and helping implement improvements to address any shortcomings.
In all instances, we will provide you with the formal training and hands-on management and support to ensure that you can deliver your work to a high quality and with confidence.
In this role, you will also be expected to contribute CBO’s work to ensure that we continue to provide an excellent quality service to clients, and a top-tier working environment for our colleagues. This includes:
- Contributing to our internal improvement initiatives, as an active member of our Communities of Practice.
- Working with colleagues and clients to develop new projects and opportunities.
- Being an active participant in industry events – helping CBO be recognised as the ‘go to’ company for projects in the Channel Islands.
Requirements and Preferences:
You do not need to have worked in management consultancy before. We are looking for people with that special spark, who have the right attitude and skills to succeed in consultancy, and we will train and support you to apply it to our profession.
These skills include:
- a positive outlook
- excellent organisation skills
- a good work ethic and appetite to learn
- a minimum of 3 years’ office-based work experience, or a university degree equivalent qualification
- interest in this diverse and rewarding career.
CBO offers a competitive salary, starting at £35k, and a meaningful performance-linked bonus.
In addition to this, CBO provides:
- 5% pension contribution;
- 25 days holiday a year;
- 5 days allowance for paid charity/community service per year;
- A commitment to at least £1,500 of training per year;
- Personalised development pathways for each employee – to ensure that every member of the company has the opportunity to excel and achieve their professional goals.
We provide all of our employees with the highest quality equipment and support, for use in our modern offices, when working on client site, and when working from home. Travel may be required, but is usually infrequent.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week). However, we are happy to hear from part-time applicants, so long as they are willing to contract to a minimum of 25 hours per week. This is a permanent contract.
We are an employer that values diversity, and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.