Business Analyst at a dynamic management consultancy known for the high quality of its work.
CBO Projects is a leading Channel Islands management consultancy, with a difference. We are a trusted partner to our clients, known for our quality, reliability, value and flexibility. But we also go the extra mile for our team, because a great team creates the exceptional work we are known for.
What do we do? We mainly provide business analysis, project management, consultancy, change management and assurance services to clients in the financial, legal, insurance, utilities and public sectors. We primarily work with organisations who operate out of Guernsey and Jersey, however we also work with companies based both in the UK and in other offshore jurisdictions.
In our first 12 years of delivering successful projects, we have repeatedly proven our expertise in delivering organisational, technological, and regulatory change. We solve problems, leave no stone unturned and uphold the ultimate standards for client satisfaction.
As a Business Analyst, you will bring this aptitude for problem solving, your keen eye for detail and your structured approach in decision making to a variety of projects. Working alongside our other Business Analysts and with CBO’s support to broaden and formalise your skills, you will sit at the heart of our community of analysts to help make significant changes succeed.
The Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered in a manner that is truly informed by, and meets, our clients’ needs. This includes:
- Structured definition of requirements and development of system specifications
- Development and writing of business cases
- Facilitation of workshops and associated output
- Documentation, optimisation and automation of business processes
- Test management
- Input into solution architecture
- Service design and service blueprinting
- Data models and data management
- Involvement in software development lifecycles.
In this role, you will also be expected to contribute to CBO’s work to ensure that we continue to provide an excellent quality service to clients whilst creating a top-tier working environment for our colleagues. This includes:
- Contributing to our business analysis processes and standards, as an active member of our Business Analysis community of practice
- Working with colleagues and clients to develop new projects and opportunities
- Being an active participant in industry events – helping CBO be recognised as the ‘go to’ company for business analysis in the Channel Islands.
Requirements and Preferences:
We are looking for people with three or more years of experience in business analysis, or a similar discipline.
It is also important to us that candidates have the underlying skills, dedication and general experience to flourish in the role. These include being:
- Mentally acute and fast-learning, with strong analytical skills
- Mature and capable of meticulous self-organisation
- Self-motivating and confident: happy and capable of working autonomously, often with people holding senior positions
- Excellent communicators with strong drafting and presentation skills
- Able to identify client needs and shape this into proposals for work
- Effective team-workers, including within multi-disciplinary teams
- Works professionally and with integrity , maintaining a clear focus on quality of work delivered, including when working on multiple engagements in parallel.
In order to deliver services to the high quality that our clients expect and require, we ensure that our Business Analysts are both formally qualified, and experienced in the work they undertake. While we align with the British Computer Society’s business analysis methodology, we recognise the value of related qualifications and practical experience. It is desirable that a Business Analyst would have a formal business analysis qualification.
What makes us different? CBO is more than just a job, because we want to get the best from our team. We care about your well-being and development and you also get the chance to give back to causes that mean something to you.
We offer a competitive salary – which is determined by the individual’s level of skills and experience. Salary estimates will be shared with short-listed candidates.In addition to this, CBO provides:
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days holiday a year
- An extra 5 days allowance for paid charity / community service per year, so you can give back to causes that matter to you
- A commitment to at least £1,500 of training per year
- Personalised development pathways for each employee – to ensure that every member of the company has the opportunity to excel and achieve their professional goals.
We provide all our employees with the highest quality equipment and support, for use in our modern offices, when working onsite with clients and when working from home. Travel outside of the Channel Islands may be required but is usually infrequent.
This is a permanent contract. We are open to applicants seeking full-time or part-time positions, so long as they are willing to contract to a minimum of 25 hours per week. To support a positive work-life balance, we also provide employees with a high level of autonomy and flexibility in the management of working time.
We are an employer that values inclusion and diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds.